By michaelpace on April 18, 2013
Drum roll please …
And the Winner is …
Ladies and Gentlemen we have a tie, a three way tie. The winner of an amazing opportunity goes to PerkStreet Financial, Me, and Everyone who is tired of broken banking as usual.
PerkStreet Financial (located at 114 State Street, Boston, MA) will be my new home away from home, and I couldn’t be more excited. PerkStreet Financial is changing the way we can bank. If there ever was an industry that needed to be disrupted, it’s Banking and Financial Services.
- Get rewards for using your debit card, rather than going into debt (Hmm … that would be nice)
- Reach a person 24/7 (Stuff happens, we’re there to help)
- Use social media to create community (Yes it is possible in Financial Services)
People say things happen for reason, and while the search for the right opportunity took longer than anticipated, PerkStreet is a perfect fit for my customer service experience, social and community management skills, and financial services background. PerkStreet doesn’t approach business with typical functional silos like marketing, operations and customer service. Instead, they organize around the business objective* with team members with different skills working together in stand alone teams. My job will be to spearhead Customer Care and Cultivation in 4 critical areas:
- Customer Dialogue – How do we engage with prospects and customers across channels to help them get the most out of PerkStreet?
- Issue Diagnosis – It isn’t enough to fix things that go wrong, we are applying analytics to our customer interactions to understand how we fix things that went wrong and take friction out of the process.
- Scale and Flex – How do we grow without losing the human touch?
- People Leadership – All great businesses have cultures that drive success, how do we maintain and build upon a strong foundation, particularly when we leverage outside parties?
Banking customers and their money deserve better, and I intend on changing their perceptions and realities.
Special thanks to Jennifer Spencer for advocating internally for me to bring me in to speak with such a great team!